BICYCLE MAINTENANCE 101
Not everyone wants to be a full on bike mechanic, but every bicycle owner should know how to take care of their machine and how to get out of the woods in a pinch. This one hour class give you the skills necessary to take care of your bike and make those expensive bike tune-ups fewer and further between. In this class YOU will learn and perform the following tasks with my guidance:
- Remove your wheels, take off a tire, patch a flat, re-install the tire, wheels and pump your tires up to full pressure.
- Clean and re-lube your chain and measure it for wear
- Check and tighten your brakes as brake pads wear
- Clean and re-lube all of the necessary pivot points on your brakes and derailleurs
- Perform a check of all the bearings in the wheels, bottom bracket headset and pedals of your bike.
- Do a 15 point safety inspection
Course Fee: This course includes 1 hour of instruction. The fee is $45.